March 8, 2016 by Beth
I recently found myself chatting blogs & social media at a NEW (Network of Executive Women) event in northwest Arkansas.
My friend Ramona Collins (Addicted to Fries) and I were chatting with a vivacious gal who is new to the area and considering starting a blog.
A week later, we met for coffee. Our new pal was full of questions about starting her blog, and we happily shared resources, tips and words of caution with her.
Ironically, I think Ramona and I enjoyed the conversation and took as much away from it as the gal we were trying to support – it was a great gut check for our own sites!
Sharing best practices is a great reminder to take care of the basics on your own site.
Since I was in the process of relaunching The Little Magpie, the conversation (and the pointers I attempted to share) were immensely helpful nudges to myself, and I remembered to address some small housekeeping tasks on my site as a result. It all reminded me of a comment my Mom made often to me, and which I find myself repeating regularly to my kids:
Mind your own beeswax.
As we chatted about the “how to” of blogging, I made a sidebar list of all the housekeeping tasks I needed to attend to, and found that I walked away with as many resources and tools to checkout as the “newbie” we were supposedly supporting.
On the drive home from our rendezvous, an idea was born. Ramona and I are taking this show on the road, and we are SUPER excited to work together to launch something new:
- A face to face and online resource for emerging bloggers testing the waters.
- Equal parts Q&A session, meetup and mastermind group.
- Hostesses: Beth (Little Magpie) & Ramona (Addicted To Fries).
- Attendees: New bloggers & those interested in building an online presence.
- Regular meetings in Bentonville with loose themes to guide the conversation.
- Follow up component with links, resources, tips, challenges & action items.
- Virtual hub to ask questions, collaborate and join the conversation.
The When & Where:
- Monthly meetup beginning March 2016 in Bentonville.
- E-newsletter + tips sent monthly within a day or two of the meetup.
- Not local? No problem! You’ll still benefit & we’d love to have you – virtually!
- The chance to learn, ask questions, grow and test the waters.
- Friendly, judgement free zone with “hosts” who will freely share information.
- Keep your bloggy skills sharp by staying connected to the front lines.
- Ready to jump in? Initial sessions are by invitation only to ensure we can give attendees plenty of attention & TLC. Just click here (or the image below), enter your name and email and we’ll get you the details and an invite to the first gathering!
Side note: we are big fans of Arkansas Women Bloggers (it’s how we met!) and other regional & state blogger groups, and we’ll be encouraging participants to get engaged. If you’re new to blogging, it’s one of the best places to start – you’ll join an active and supportive community that aims to gather, grow & connect bloggers.
#TheBlogHub is meant to be a starter nudge for those who are just starting and may not be ready to dive into a larger community, conference or meetup quite yet!